Hugh Grant Forrester’s grandparents James & Mary Ann Forrester baptized their son James John at St. Peters of Church street on the 17th of May 1872. The record shows that they lived in Cable street and that James still considered himself as being a farmer. Cable street disappeared long ago. We do have a fire insurance map though showing that it ran parallel to Lord street directly finishing at the Victoria monument (note: this was only built in 1906). St. Peters (the principal church in Liverpool during the 19th century) was demolished in 1919 and in its place Woolworths opened their doors in 1923.
Click to load map